Thursday 2 March 2017

Poster Draft 1


This is the first draft of my film poster. It is not the conventional shape of a film poster, it is more of a square which means it does not fit to typical size conventions, but there is little I can do to fix this. I used other students blogs and other film posters for inspiration on how to create a poster that looks conventional and good. Unlike many film posters, my title is in the bottom corner of the poster, which is again, unconventional as film titles can often be found in the centre of a poster. In order to keep the attention on the title, I have made it the largest piece of text with a white glow around it, drawing focus to it as it stands out more than any other piece of text. The cast members names can be found at the top of the poster, I used this as it is where the majority of films place it on their posters and it was the most convenient place for me to place it. Because I had to crop the outside of the original photo, the shape of the end product is more square, but it could work anyway as more of a billboard poster instead of a smaller A4 sized poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment