Monday 31 October 2016

Movie Posters - Ancillary Product


I researched similar thriller film posters as these are in a similar style to what my short film will be in. The poster will be one of my two ancillary tasks, a magazine article being the other. This task can't be too time consuming as it won't reward me with many marks, but I must still produce the poster to the best that I can do, as it will go a way to helping me achieve a good mark. One of the most common features of the thriller posters are the large, block texts over the top of a close image of either the protagonists or antagonists face. This would be very easy to recreate, as it would require very little editing and I don't have great skill when it comes to editing. I'd like my poster to be similar to the 'Dead Silence' poster, with my antagonist close up to the camera and the name of my short film in front of their face.

I also researched horror film posters as I wanted to see if they were more suited to how I want mine to look. They are basically the same as the thriller posters so I can still take inspiration from these.

No comments:

Post a Comment