Saturday 24 September 2016

Location and Filming Planning

Due to the nature and style of my film, I am only going to need one very basic location, which will probably be my house. This is because the storyline I am creating only works when set in an environment that is a house, because the audience can feel closer to the storyline as many people share the fear that somebody may be inside their homes, and my film will exploit this fear. I am going to need to film it at night because I want to create a dark and creepy atmosphere, and this would be harder to create in daylight. I could potentially use daylight as it goes against how these films are typically shot, and it would create an entirely new atmosphere as people don't tend to feel unsafe in daylight. My own house is an ideal location as it is easy to use. The only limiting thing in using my own home is that I require an empty house to create my short film, but this may be quite difficult to come by and I might have to do a reasonable amount of waiting. Other than this, there are no other problems with filming in my house so it remains the ideal location.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you have a clearer idea of your narrative. You need to complete some textual analysis of similar products (main and ancillary) before you get too far into planning your own.

    ReplyDelete